This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash: cat << EOF
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: soft dot eleves at listes dot ens-lyon dot fr
- Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:39:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: bash: cat << EOF
- References: <20030719013846.GA7108@bouh.unh.edu>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 09:38:46PM -0400, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>We have installed cygwin on w2k (5.00.2195 service pack 3), but the
>files are actually hosted by a samba server, connected on S:\, and we
>login to the box via rsh x11.
>The problem we're having is
>$ cat << EOF
>cat: -: Permission denied
>this is the same with dd, ... so the problem must be with bash.
>I tried by copying bin/ on the local drive, relaunching bash.exe and
>cat.exe from there, same problem, so it might not be because of the
>Is this a known limitation ? I couldn't find anything in the documentation
>or the FaQ
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html