This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mknod test p
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at emcb dot co dot uk>
- To: Sanjay <sanjay92 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:29:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: mknod test p
- References: <Sea2-DAV50bdhIfnpaS00012416@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Sanjay wrote:
> I was trying to create named pipe using command mknod test p, I get an
> error mknod: `test': Function not implemented
> I have updated my cygwin envionment using current setup, I could not
> find satisfactory answer on web and also in mailing list. Is it
> implemented yet ?
'Cos we is mean! No, only joshing. Named pipes have not been implemented yet,
though. A search of the mailing list for 'mkfifo' will give you the answer
as to why they are not implemented yet.
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB | http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/
http://www.emcb.co.uk | http://www.emcb.co.uk/webauth/
email@example.com | wwwauth-users AT nongnu DOT org
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html