This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cut and paste problem with xemacs Was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Available for test: cygwin-1.5.0-1
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <antoine at antbuild dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:13:49 -0700
- Subject: Re: cut and paste problem with xemacs Was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Available for test: cygwin-1.5.0-1
- References: <20030710041843.C29AA6C594@redhat.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: daveroth at acm dot org
Antoine Levy-Lambert writes:
> Hi Christopher, Corinna,
> My xemacs is XEmacs 220.127.116.11 "Military Intelligence (Windows)" configured
> for `i686-pc.cywin`
> With cygwin 1.3, cut and paste between other applications and Xemacs works.
> With cygwin 1.5.0-1, cut and paste between other applications and Xemacs
> does not work
I'm experiencing the same problem with XEmacs 21.4.13, compiled
myself from CVS sources with X support enabled (using 1.3.22).
(See <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-07/msg01221.html> for my post
about the problem.)
One work-around I've discovered is to start XEmacs from an rxvt
window instead of directly from bash. That fixes the problem for
me. I use the following shortcut for starting XEmacs:
start /min c:\cygwin\bin\rxvt -T "start XEmacs" -e /bin/bash --login -i -c "DISPLAY= /usr/local/bin/xemacs &"
This causes a minimized rxvt window to be created, but it quickly
goes away once XEmacs starts starting.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html