This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: when is it useful to attach strace outputs to the M/L
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:43:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: when is it useful to attach strace outputs to the M/L
- References: <006c01c34ff1$c8580470$200aa8c0@thorin>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:37:16AM +0800, Carlo Florendo wrote:
>Sometimes, when I post problems here, I attach the output of cygcheck
>and strace. Could anyone point out when it's relevant to attach strace
>outputs here? In the post
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-07/msg01072.html the output of strace
>was not deemed to be useful.
cygcheck output is always useful.
strace is one of those "If you don't understand if or why it is useful
then don't send it" situations. Just wait to be asked for an strace.
Again, if you have to ask when or why it is relevant then you should not
be sending it without being asked to send it.
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to email@example.com
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html