This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
GCC Errors - two versions released
- From: "William J. Moulton" <wjmoulton at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: "Cygwin User Mailing List" <Cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:42:51 -0500
- Subject: GCC Errors - two versions released
- Reply-to: <wjmoulton at sbcglobal dot net>
Has anyone noticed that two versions of GCC were released with the latest
versions of cygwin?
I experienced many compile and makefile errors only to discover it was the
GCC compiler version. And have watched problem after problem be reported to
the newsgroup about the compiler and makefile. Version 2.95 is called by
adding -2 to the call for the compiler (eg. gcc-2 or g++-2, etc.) Using
just GCC (or g++) calls version 3.x. After making this change all my
compile and makefile problems disappeared.
Also wouldn't it make sense to release the most stable version as gcc and
the newer version as gcc2 of gcc-dev? The everyone could avoid some
William J. Moulton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html