This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gdb passes different argv/argc to mingw & cygwin
- From: Shankar Unni <shankar at cotagesoft dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:15:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: gdb passes different argv/argc to mingw & cygwin
- References: <email@example.com>
Sam Steingold wrote:
> args='"4 4" '"'5 5'"
What you're seeing is the side-effect of how mingw-compiled programs
mingw-compiled programs automatically link in support for wildcard
expansion of arguments passed in via the Windows GetCommandLine(). So
you'll often see extra quotes being consumed, and other such effects.
It's unavoidable when dealing with Windows..
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html