This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup fails on XP Pro : no files in /etc + no permissions in /bin
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Milner, Jon \(EU-SES\)" <Jon dot Milner at eu dot sony dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:41:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setup fails on XP Pro : no files in /etc + no permissions in /bin
- References: <01738C0043536A4DA982AA8B13A0DDFD0132F14A@ukbpebasmsx06>
Milner, Jon (EU-SES) wrote:
> When I attempt to install Cygwin on my (new) XP Pro machine, setup appears
> to complete okay, and I can launch bash, but something has gone badly
> (see listings below).
> Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
> (Or what extra information I need to provide to enable a diagnosis).
Please post the output of "getfacl /" and "cacls C:\cygwin" - preferably
before you modify the permissions in any way.
If you have modified the permissions, then it would great if you could erase
C:\cygwin and reinstall it.
Don't forget to double the backslash if running the cacls command from bash.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html