This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: documentation on building the cygwin dll
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at emcb dot co dot uk>
- To: Carlo Florendo <carlo at astra dot ph>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:39:23 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: documentation on building the cygwin dll
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Carlo Florendo wrote:
> Hello Sam,
> > From: "Robb, Sam"
> > Don't know if this will help, but I've attached a makefile
> > and script that I use to do a checkout and build of the Cygwin
> > DLL source from CVS.
> I was able to build the dll with your script. However, how come the
> new-cygwin1.dll size is over 6 MB? Is this correct? I've checked the
> latest version of cygwin1.dll and its size is less than 1 MB.
The DLL you've built contains all available symbols, whereas the distributed DLL
is stripped (of those symbols).
$ strip new-cygwin.dll
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB | http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/
http://www.emcb.co.uk | http://www.emcb.co.uk/webauth/
email@example.com | wwwauth-users AT nongnu DOT org
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html