This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: slow directory access
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:16:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: slow directory access
- References: <3F202C05.8711303E@houseofpain.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 02:57:09PM -0400, Mitch Deoudes wrote:
>So, as I understand it, cygwin opens every file it comes across in order
>to fill in the executable bit, by determining if the file begins with
>"!#"... and this is the primary cause of the incredibly slow
>performance when accessing large directory structures.
>Is there any way of turning this off? Or, alternatively, would anyone
>like to flame me with an explanation of why I shouldn't be allowed to
>turn it off?
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html