This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: activating a dial-up connection from cygwin
- From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <blytkerchan at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: Rob <rob2 at siklos dot ca>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:34:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: activating a dial-up connection from cygwin
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:01:28AM -0400, Rob wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any way to activate an existing windows 2000
> dial-up connection from the cygwin command line.
None that I know of, but..
> The reason I want to know is because I have a shell script that
> automatically backs up files to a remote computer (which is only accessible
> through a vpn connection). Since I don't want to maintain the VPN
> connection all the time, I need a way to start it up (and possibly shut it
> down) from the command line.
This may be of interest to you:
With this info, it should be pretty straight-forward to make a home-grown util
that does exactly what you want.
Don't forget to share it when you've got it working ;)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html