Re: apache dies with pppoe

Elfyn McBratney wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Bill McCormick wrote:

Andrew DeFaria recently replied to one of my posts (to me only) with this:

Because you CC'ed me. I use gname for newsserver access. There is (was?) some issue with setting reply to using gname so I don't set it.

I do know that Apache for Cygwin used to have a problem where it would lock up, which is one of the reasons I'm using Apache for Windows (The other is that Apache for Cygwin is slow - but it does understand things like symlinks...). I narrowed it down to when it locked up I would selectively kill a couple of the httpd's and wham it would start working again. I believe the very newest versions of Cygwin and Apache for Cygwin fixed this problem I think.

I saw your thread and just thought I should mention the same thing. If you're running with Cygwin 1.3.22 or earlier (until 1.3.12 I believe) you will have problems with Apache. The cause of these problems have been fixed in 1.5.0

I thought I heard that some where between 1.3.12 and 1.3.22 that that bug with Apache was fixed. Never tested it though.