This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin1.dll not found, embedding dll into EXE
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Mukul Sabharwal" <webmaster at pauridge dot org>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:59:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin1.dll not found, embedding dll into EXE
- References: <000f01c3534f$48481070$e0807518@PAURIDGE>
Mukul Sabharwal wrote:
> I just installed Cygwin on my system, and ported my apps to Win32 (or
> to). This is a Windows XP system, and after using g++ it gave me the error
> message that I needed the cygwin1.dll, I copied it to the working folder
> the exe file and it ran.
> Is there a way to automatically set this ?
I don't understand your question.
> Also, how do I distribute my windows executables ? Do I need to provide
> cygwin1.dll in the same location ? Is this the only file or anyother file
> required ? Sorry if it has been answered, you could point me to the right
Ideally, you distribute your app without cygwin1.dll, and ask people to
Your app is open source, right?
> P.S.- Can the cygwin1.dll be linked statically into the EXE file ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html