This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: automake-devel-1.7.6-1
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:54:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: automake-devel-1.7.6-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Version 1.7.6-1 of the automake-devel package is now available. It
contains GNU automake-1.7.6 installed into /usr/autotool/devel.
Changes from 1.7.5-1:
o updated to official 1.7.6 release
o requires autoconf-2.54 or newer
o no testsuite regressions (that is, any test that existed in 1.7.5
and was passed then, is still passed now in 1.7.6)
o Continued test failures (failed in both 1.7.5 and 1.7.6)
Summary: 1 failure + 13 skips out of 457 tests.
See NOTES section, below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick
up 'automake-devel' from the 'Devel' category.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
In the US, ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.
In Japan, ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/gnu/gnu-win32/ is already
In DK, http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/cygwin/ is usually up-to-date.
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package
you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another
Please send questions or comments to the Cygwin mailing list at:
firstname.lastname@example.org . If you want to subscribe go to:
http://cygwin.com/lists.html I would appreciate if you would use
this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Bugs fixed in 1.7.6:
* Fix depcomp's icc mode for ICC 7.1.
* Diagnose calls to AC_CONFIG_FILES and friends with not
* Fix maintainer-clean's removal of autom4te.cache in VPATH builds.
* Fix AM_PATH_LISPDIR to work with POSIXLY_CORRECT=1.
* Fix the location reported in some diagnostics related to
* Remove Latin-1 characters from elisp-comp.
* Update the manual's @dircategory to match the Free Software Directory.
This is due to the 'cp -p' bug in fileutils. Check the cygwin mailing
list archives for May 2002 for more info.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html