This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Local printer access question..
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Ishwar Rattan <ishwar at pali dot cps dot cmich dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:31:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Local printer access question..
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> I am using cygwin (dll 1.3.22) under Windows 2K Pro.
> An attempt to use lpr results in:
> lpr: can't open 'prn' for writing
> lpr: The printer name is invalid
> Is there a way to access the printer (Deskjet 694C on parallel port)??
> Thanks in advance.
If your Windows printer name is "Deskjet 694C", try 'lpr -P "Deskjet
694C"'. You can also 'export PRINTER="Deskjet 694C"'.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html