RE: Problem call a cygwin command from a dos batch file

I guess I found the answer to my own question.  Since some other people
have had this same problem, here is the solution.

There is a problem with the PATH environment under Win 2000.  To
identify the problem I typed the following in DOS:

     bash -c "which sort"

I got a response of "/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/sort" instead of
"/usr/bin/sort".  This is the DOS sort command, not the cygwin sort
command.  I just had to change my command to:

     bash -c "c:/cygwin/bin/sort -t \| -k 3 -k 11 -k 12 -o
sortedfile.txt unsortedfile.txt"

This could be a problem any time the DOS and cygwin commands have the
same name.

---
Lisbeth Kellogg
Office: 651-675-2610