This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
no path set after installation on win2k
- From: Lucas Gonze <lgonze at panix dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:13:08 -0400
- Subject: no path set after installation on win2k
* Run a fresh install on Windows 2000 5.00.2195.
* Start a shell
* Do "ls" or any other standard command from /cygwin/bin.
* Command not found.
It's probably relevant that the runtime environment hasn't been
initialized -- there's no ~/.bashrc and no /etc/.bash_profile. The
specific source of my download doesn't seem to be relevant, since I
tried a bunch of different ones. It doesn't seem to help to reinstall,
since the reinstall always says that there's nothing to install.
Off the top of my head, my guess is that the post-install setup isn't
happening. Any suggestions for a fix or workaround?
Thanks in advance.
- Lucas Gonze
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html