Re: Directory c:\%USERPROFILE% created

Hi,

I tested this again. After starting a "local" bash (local means i start
it via doubleclick from within windows) i can see a "USERPROFILE"
env.-var.

If i do this in an bash started remotely (via sshd) i can't see it
anymore.
So i think this variable comes from Explorer of whatever and is not
initialized
within a ssh-shell session.
This is also reflected by "cygpath -D" which outputs
"/cygdrive/c/%USERPROFILE%/Desktop".

I found no trace where this var is set, so please give me a hint.

It's set inside of Cygwin if possible. It opens the registry and tries to read the following key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\$USERNAME\ProfileImagePath

If it's available, it's used as $USERPROFILE, otherwise $USERPROFILE
stays empty.
"empty" or "not set" ?

Are you shure you mean $USERNAME in the sense of users login name, or users SID ?

In "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\" on my NT4-WS are many folders like
"S-1-5-21-1570706540-1911978263-1210191635-1007/", and so on.

In there is a ProfileImagePath key which contains "%SystemRoot%\Profiles\admin".
$SYSTEMROOT points to "C:\WINNT" in my ssh-shell.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Oliver Geisen
Systemadministrator
Kreisboten Verlag Mühlfellner KG