Re: Downgrade

At 12:25 PM 6/14/2005, you wrote:
>??????
>
>All I'm asking is where can I get an earlier version of cygwin!!!!

An earlier version (1) is available via 'setup.exe'.  This is generally true
for all Cygwin packages.  I doubt you'll find a version of Cygwin package
from December by downgrading via 'setup.exe' using traditional mirrors
though.  Doing a downgrade is discouraged as a long-term solution since
problems not reported and fixed will likely stay unfixed, leaving you stuck
with some aging and obsolete version of Cygwin.  If you feel this is the
direction you would prefer to go anyway, I suggest you google the list for
the "Cygwin Time Machine".  Make sure you read carefully the homepage for
this before using it however.

>If you need more info then here's the post from htdig
>---------------------
>htdig.exe refuses to run on Cygwin
>htdig.exe crashes with DB2 error. Permissions are fine
>and the script is being run as administrator. Both 3.1.6
>and 3.2.* report this problem with the latest version of
>cygwin.
>
>I've also tried clearing everything inside db directory in
>vain. It does create db.docdb and wordlist.new file and
>then bombs out.
>

>$ rundig
>DB2 problem...: PANIC: Invalid argument
>DB2 problem...: /opt/www/htdig/db/db.docdb: write failed
>for page 1
>htdig: Unable to open/create document
>database '/opt/www/htdig/db/db.docdb'
>
>htmerge: Unable to open word list
>file '/opt/www/htdig/db/db.wordlist'.
>Did you index anything?
>Check your config file and try running htdig again.
>
>DB2 problem...: /opt/www/htdig/db/db.docdb: dirty flag
>set for readonly file pa
>DB2 problem...: /opt/www/htdig/db/db.docdb: close: 2
>blocks left pinned

If you intend this to be a problem report for the problem you're seeing,
please read and follow <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> to provide the
complete set in of information needed to evaluate your problem.

Holliston, MA 01746