Re: isql does not work in cygwin (bash or zsh)

At 05:55 PM 6/15/2005, you wrote:
>Larry Hall wrote:
>

>>And make sure your CYGWIN environment variable doesn't contain "tty".  If
>>this doesn't work, then please read and follow the problem reporting
>>guidelines at:
>>
>Bingo. It is set to ntsec tty for cygrunsrv. If I unset it, what will happen to those services started by cygrunsrv?

Depends.  But you can have you cake and eat it too.  Just reinstall the
services using the '-e' flag of 'cygrunsrv' to specify CYGWIN for those
services that need something other than the defaults.  Or if you want
something more direct and don't mind editing the registry, you can do
this directly by editing/adding CYGWIN in:

/HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/<name of Cygwin service>/Parameters/Environment

where <name of Cygwin service> is something like 'sshd'.

That way, the service can use 'tty' even if it's not set in your environment.

Holliston, MA 01746