Re: Question: tcpdump for Cygwin?

Fernando Barsoba wrote:

> I'd like to capture packets sent between server and client sockets in
> the same machine. I know tcpdump would do that, but it seems it's not
> implemented in Cygwin. Is there another way of doing this?

There's also tcpflow, very similar but easier to use.

Both tcpdump and tcpflow use the WinPcap library, which is compiled with the
-mnocygwin option.  I'm using tcpflow compiled w/o -mnocygwin with WinPcap
version 3.01 which is an old version (current is 3.1) and it works only by
chance, it shouldn't work and it doesn't with version 3.1 since I didn't change
the build to use the correct option... I haven't tried compiling with -mnocygwin.

Additional info: I followed the instructions posted to this list by Brian
Dessent on 30 Jul 2003 with subject "Re: tcpflow under cygwin anybody?".

HTH
--
René Berber