Re: Cant add to path

> Hi,
> I installed cygwin_NT-5.1.
> Built a project needed.
> I tried to add to my PATH a few
> paths but i could not locate my .bashrc
> or bash_profile like
> on my linux machine.

Hint: 'cygpath -w ~/.bashrc' should show you where bash is looking
for your .bashrc.  Also, you can set PATH on the command line, instead
of relying on the .bashrc to do it for you (although you would have to
do it every time you log in).

> I read some DOCs but could not find the
> files on my ~ dir so tried to
> edit \etc\skel\.bash_profile or \etc\skel\.bashrc,

Editing those files only affects the .bashrc of new users, not
of existing users (they are copied from there to the user's new
$HOME on the user's first login).

Also, read this, so we can help you better:

Eric Blake