Re: Permissions on .ssh/id_rsa

Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

How does one set permissions on id_rsa in such a way as to make ssh happy? Nothing I have done has made chmod 700 id_rsa actually work. Supposed solutions, such as adding CYGWIN=ntsec or CYGWIN=ntea to .bashrc and/or cygwin.bat, have not worked. If someone could enlighten me with a solution that actually DOES work, or a pointer to such a solution, I would be most grateful.

If you're home directory is remote (i.e. on a file server and perhaps mounted) then you might try adding smbntsec to CYGWIN. Or you can use the Windows Explorer Properties: Security and play with the toggles until you get the desired result. You need to play because there is not a clear mapping from Windows security bits -> POSIX security bits.

--
Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?