perlcc and permissions

Hi

There is a huge inconsistency in how perl and perlcc handle file
permissions. I am wondering what the reason is. How can it be that perl
can read a file and perlcc fails?

There is a file, foo.pl, owned by my group, but without proper
permissions.

$ ls -l foo.pl
-rwx------+ 1 Administratorzy Brak 34 Aug 28 16:29 foo.pl

I guess that in strict mode the file should not be readable by me.
However, cat and perl can read it without problems.

$ cat foo.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
print "hello\n";

$ perl foo.pl
hello

perlcc is more strict about it:

$ perlcc foo.pl
/usr/bin/perlcc: Cannot read input file foo.pl:

When I change the permissions:

$ chmod g+r foo.pl

$ ls -l foo.pl
-rwxr-----+ 1 Administratorzy Brak 34 Aug 28 16:29 foo.pl

$ perlcc foo.pl
pccBUVxU.c: In function `perl_init_aaaa':
pccBUVxU.c:1603: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO
C90
Info: resolving _PL_ppaddr by linking to __imp__PL_ppaddr (auto-import)

Krzysztof Duleba