Re: cygwin forgets CTRL key press

A quick test with xev under both Linux and Cygwin/X on two systems I have here shows a key release event for CTRL about 4 seconds after I release whatever other key I pressed - I was still holding the CTRL key down!

I also see this in a standard Windows Command Prompt window (i.e. Cygwin not involved) but it is harder to judge the delay there.

I suspect it may be the keyboard or perhaps the KVM switch, but at least for me it is not Cygwin specific.

It also happens for SHIFT, and probably other modifiers too, but I have not tested that.

--
Owen Rees
Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Bristol, UK