Re: Cygwin xfig eps problem

Mike,

I'm also affected by this problem.  I know, that "Me too" posts
are evil, but I think, it may by useful to point out older
threads and messages that were discussing this sort of problem.
My article can be found in the mailing list archives discussing
XFree:

  <URL:http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.xfree/14757>

In this message, I was referring to a thread of November 2003,
that also discusses this issue:

  <URL:http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/40818>

You may recognize the problems, but I'm afraid that there is no
solution yet proposed.

Mike Shi writes:

[Problem description.]

> Any help would be most appreciated. (Ultimately, I'd like to be able
> to combine more than one EPS file and mark them up with psfrag tags
> for export and use in LaTeX documents.)

My "solution" at that time was to ignore the error messages and
to do without the preview.  I could use the presented bounding
box of the imported object to estimate size and position of the
imported EPS figure.

Regards,
Franz.