Question about OpenGL

I'm wondering if there is any new development in the OpenGL libraries within cygwin. The package in the distribution says it is version 1.1, but the current OpenGL release, from Sept 2004, is v2.0. The last pre-2.0 version was 1.5.

The last comment I found in the archives was from Andre Bleau in Feb 2003. He laid out a development plan but I can't find any changes after that time. Does anyone know if anything has happened lately? I'd like to use some of the 2.0 capabilities, but it doesn't look like I can get there with cygwin.

Thanks for any info,
Thom

-- Ignorant can be fixed. Stupid is forever.