Re: When are Windows Short Path Names required

zzapper wrote:

> See script below sja.exe is actually in program files, my kludge below was to use a mount (rather
> than the short name)

I don't see anything here that necessitates using a mount or 8.3.

> sjaprog="/sqlyog/sja.exe"

sjaprog="/cygdrive/c/program\ files/whatever/sja.exe"

> sjascript="c:/cygwin/usr/local/bin/sql/dosh-batch.xml"
> sjarun="$sjaprog $sjascript";
> $sjarun

"$sjaprog" $sjascript

OR

sjarun="\"$sjaprog\" $sjascript"
$sjarun

I fail to see the need for the variable $sjarun if its only function is
to be the command that's executed on the next line.

Brian