Re: How to run cygwin sshd as a domain user?

Xing Qiu wrote:
Hi,

I have successfully installed cygwin and its openssh package. I followed the instruction about setting up sshd and it works as expected.

However this sshd service turns out to be a local service, which means I can't get access to the net printers and the net file folders in an ssh session. So I wonder is there a way to run sshd as a domain user instead of the default, local user? BTW, if I use cygwin bash or cygwin xterm directly, I can access my net folder and net printer without any problem (I think the default cygwin user is a domain user).

I even tried to run /usr/sbin/sshd.exe by using my default domain user from a cygwin xterm, but then sshd refuse to run because of the permission of several files/dirs are not correct.

Please check the FAQ at least before posting a question.

FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/

There's often good information there that can help you. In this case, you should read:

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.services> <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.shares>

Holliston, MA 01746