Re: Inetd running slow

Stephen Patterson wrote:
Hi all

I've installed inetutils & uw-imapd on cygwin, registered inet as a
windows XP service (which starts OK) and I'm running uw-imapd through
inetd. Inetd & uw-imap are slow to respond when I connect to them
locally.

Info from event viewer, application log on starting inetd
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( inetd ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: inetd : PID 4060 : `inetd' service
started.

Info from event viewer, application log on connecting to uw-imap
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( uw-imapd ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: uw-imapd : PID 4052 : imap service
init from 127.0.0.1.

Does anyone know what could be causing these messages?

Yes, they are generated by 'inetd' starting and the initialization of
the 'imap' service.  These are informational messages.  You don't need
to be concerned about them.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746