Re: bash shell not responding

curiously, it actually worked once a
little while ago, i was able to execute commands and everything, and
now is back to not responding, it just opens a blank command prompt
window, the $ prompt doesn't appear, and it's unresponsive.

What I mean by the batch file is the shortcut in the root directory
or the Start menu that opens the program.  it does appear in task
 manager, and reports to be running fine. now i think
it's a problem with my security, as my security programs keep
prompting me as to whether i want to let certain
scripts run when i start the program, even though i told them to ignore
cygwin and all files in that area. also, when i open it from command
prompt, a green text marker appears that moves around with the mouse,
and typing no longer works.