Re: Complex.h file

John Coppens <john <at> jcoppens dot com> writes:
> Tony Richardson <ar63 <at> evansville.edu> wrote:
>
> >    _Complex double x = 7 + 8i;
> >
> > but it does not have built-in support for all of the complex functions
> > that are declared in complex.h.  I would assume the "problem" is
> > more of newlib issue than a gcc one.
>
> That's good news - I couldn't find much info on the nuts and bolts of the
> complex stuff in gcc-3.4.x (Is there some manual that is up-to-date? The
> gcc manuals I found are from 2002 or older).

The complex number stuff is documented in the gcc info pages.
Look under "C Extensions" and then "Complex Numbers"

> I just tried to change a few complex declarations to _Complex on the big
> machine and they even seem compatible with the normal 'complex'
> declarations.

You might be able to save yourself some typing by using a typedef in
a complex.h file that you create and thereby avoid having to modify the
original source at all.

Regards,
Tony Richardson