rcs 5.7 truncated one of my files

Sorry, I can't send you the offending files.

When I checked in the second version of a file, and then checked it out again, the checked out file was truncated without any error message. When I looked at the contents of the ,v file I found what looked like the same truncation. I recovered the ,v file and the new version file itself from backups, and I could not find the truncation in the recovered ,v file. I was able to check out the initial revision from it fine. I tried to check in and then check out the second version again, and the same truncation occurred as before.

Between the initial revision and the time the problem occurred I updated cygwin at least once, but I don't know whether rcs was updated at that time.

I've checked one other file and it works fine.

Richard Kandarian
http://www.lanl.gov/cgi-bin/fonelink.pl/085598
Any opinions stated in this message are not expressed on behalf of any individual or entity other than me unless explicitly noted otherwise. My node in the Web: http://www.kandarian.com