RE: encoding scripts (so that user can't see passwords easily)?

Ehud Karni wrote:
> [I think this discussion is off topic for cygwin]

Agreed, which is why I didn't elucidate earlier. If I
were inclined to do something like your second script
and override normal passphrase security, I'd probably
use another mechanism (maybe an environment variable?)
to avoid the passphrase appearing in the process list.
But as we both said, this discussion is really OT for
this list.

gsw