Re: 1.5.18-1: issue with cygwin1.dll: "system shared memory version mismatch detected"

> > I am now able to launch bash properly.
> >
> > Worm ?
>
> Not sure.  services.exe could be a wrapper that was
> running some Cygwin
> program at the time...

Well ProcessExplorer used to point services.exe on
c:\windows\system\DRIVER, were I couldn't find any
services.exe in the explorer (I checked that explorer
was not configured for hidding files). Moreover I was
not able to create a file called services.exe,
explorer wouldn't do it because another one was called
like this in the folder!!!! Then, in a command prompt
I executed "del services.exe", and the del command
told me no file was there. Then, I did "mv
services.exe services.exe.old", and the file was
renamed. I created a services.exe from an empty txt
file, and that's it, services.exe (the one containing
a copy of cygwin1.dll) does not launch himself anymore
at each boot and cygwin works correctly.

I definitly think it's a worm.

> Hmm...  Weird.  Well, it's gone now...

Thanks to you, thank you and the other guys in the
forum for your gracious help.

> > /etc/setup does exist and contains some files.
> > Actually cygcheck is depending on cygwin1.dll I
> guess, so ...
>
> Your guess is wrong.  cygcheck does attempt to
> invoke some programs that
> depend on cygwin1.dll, but it itself does not depend
> on it.  The fact that
> it thinks that you have no mounts and that no
> packages are installed is
> alarming.

But everything seems to work perfectly.

> What is the output of "mount" from bash?  Does your
> system have an
> /etc/setup/installed.db?

bash-3.00$ mount
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type system (binmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/e type system (binmode,noumount)
g: on /cygdrive/g type system (binmode,noumount)
h: on /cygdrive/h type system (binmode,noumount)

And I have a /etc/setup/installed.db in my cygwin
directory. Attached with the mail, my last cygcheck
which seems fine.