Re: rsync over ssh hang issue understood

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
>  > On Dec 30 17:23, Brett Serkez wrote:
>  > > I have rsync working over ssh on Cygwin.
>  >
>  > Me too.  I'm using the standard version of rsync, so I guess the
>  > socketpair call is still in use.
>
> I never managed to reproduce that problem, neither, on any of my hosts.
> (and I always use rsync over ssh, almost never as a daemon)

I have seen similar issues with rsync pulling from a Cygwin box to a
Cygwin box when there are many files involved.  It will hang early on
while creating the file list.  I have never seen this issue pulling from a
*nix box to a Cygwin box.

I do not have any input yet with respect to the socketpair vs pipe change.

This is somewhere on my list to look into, but it does not have much of a
priority.  IIRC, it may have had something to do with Cygwin select always
returning writable for pipes that caused a deadlock?

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer