RE: Cannot install - xmlcatalog cannot find libxml2

Dave Korn wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:

>>   This must be a real packaging error.  Looks like the maintainer might
>> have compiled libxml2-devel with "--disable-shared" and then compiled
>> xmlcatalog with "--enable-shared".

>   Nope, that's not it.  I think I /have/ traced it now: it's a packaging
> error in libxml2 package itself.  It contains the dll, but the maintainer
> forgot to package it with the correct prefix.  You might be able to fix
> the problem by a rename:
>
> mv /bin/cygxml2-2.dll /bin/libxml2.dll

  No, that's not it either!  Cygcheck clearly shows that xmlcatalog.exe is
linked against the non-standard name:

dk@espanola /bin> cygcheck xmlcatalog.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\xmlcatalog.exe
C:/cygwin/bin/xmlcatalog.exe
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygxml2-2.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygreadline6.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygncurses-8.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll
dk@espanola /bin>

  Look, xmlcatalog.exe doesn't require libxml2.dll at all!  Are you sure you
read the error message right?

    cheers,
      DaveK