Re: unable to debug code with std::string

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 06:38:54PM +0100, Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
>Brian Dessent
>
>>>Thanks. I don't like the idea of seeing this message anytime I debug
>>>code
>>>that's using std::string, though, and I don't think it's "normal".
>>
>>If it bothers you, comment out the "if (pthread_key::is_good_object
>>(key))" check in thread.cc.
>
>It does bother me.
>
>tread.cc from 1.5.18 and from the cvs are very alike and both call
>pthread_key::is_good_object in the same fashion. Why only 1.5.19 is having
>this problem?

Either it is because we are purposely trying to annoy you or it may be
because cygwin 1.5.19 changed the way it detects invalid memory and gdb
hasn't caught up to it.

As Brian said: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC .

>This line surely has a purpose.  What will break up if I comment it
>out?  If nothing then why it is there?

I wouldn't recommend commenting it out, actually.

cgf