RE: setup crashes trying to install xorg-x11-fnts

On 11 Jan 2006 at 11:14, Dave Korn wrote:
>   This is that same old bogus-size-check-failure-throwing-uncaught-exception
> problem, I think.
>
>   It's generally worked-around by deleting the package from your downloaded
> packages dir and trying again.

As I said last week, in
- a message which I didn't see any reply to, I have this problem with both
xorg-x11-{fenc,fnts}.  I tried the "work-around", and I now have three
(identical) copies of xorg-x11-fenc.

The work-around certainly has the value of allowing you to install other
packages, but doesn't get me any further forward with the failing
packages.

You call this a *bogus* failure, which certainly seems to be the case,
since the size and md5 of the files match those in setup.ini - but then I
don't see how the work-around is supposed to work.  Could you enlighten
me?
--
Iain Alexander      ia@stryx.demon.co.uk