Re: Installing cygwin by manually copying c:\cygwin to another machine

Adrian Maier wrote:
On 1/16/06, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna@efn.org> wrote:

I think the key word there is "does not yet *support*".  Run setup
--help from a command prompt, and setup will output a list of its
command line options into setup.log.full.  Play with running it using
them on a previously prepared local download directory, with
non-default packages included either by changing setup.ini to add
"Base" to their category or adding a dummy mirror directory with a
setup.ini having a dummy package that has category Base and requires
the other packages you want.

I see: this functionality is in development and therefore is well hidden
for the moment.   It's a shame that it's not clearly documented .

setup --help displays nothing for me I suspect this is a cmd.exe or win2000 - related problem , because i have seen the same happening with other programs as well (namely qemu).

Adrian Maier

Please re-read what Yitzchak said - it outputs the list of options into setup.log.full

Just for emphasis, I'll say that again: *setup.log.full*
Open that for the options.

In fact, it also puts them in setup.log

The options you want are -L, -q, and -l, which are Install from local directory, quiet installation (unattended), and local package directory, respectively.

Chris
--

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world