TEMP Environment Variable Changed Format After Cygwin Update Today

After updating to the latest Cygwin release, I'm having problems with
MSVC, which I use everyday.  The problem seems to be that the TEMP
environment variable is now translated to UNIX format
(/cygdrive/C/DOCUME~1/gao_w/LOCALS~1/Temp) instead of Windows format
(C:\DOCUME~1\gao_w\LOCALS~1\Temp).  And Visual Studio only understands
the Windows format.

This started to happen after I updated to the latest Cygwin release
and rebooted today.

So my questions for today are:
  Is the new cygwin release the reason for the changed behavior?
  Is there a way to turn off the conversion of the TEMP and TMP
environment variables?

--
Weiqi Gao (高为奇)
weiqigao@gmail.com