Re: cron - Application Event Log

Hi,

Thank you for the reply -- seems to work perfectly! The messages are
being logged to /var/log/messages (the default as defined in
/etc/syslog-ng.conf) and no longer to the Windows Application Event
log.

I noticed that in the Cygwin setup, syslogd has been replaced with
syslog-ng (new generation?) "Syslog replacement daemon." So the config
script is /usr/bin/syslog-ng-config, if anyone else is wanting to solve
the same problem.

I also managed to find this thread
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg02075.html) after posting my
original question. It describes, in detail, how to create a custom
build of cron by modifying the source. A caveat, of course, is that
upgrading will require a custom rebuild each time as mentioned at the
top of the thread.

Thanks again.

Herman