Re: Prompt issue within cygwin

On 1/23/06, Zach Gelnett <zachg99@gmail.com> wrote:
> pls see:
>
> http://materm.sourceforge.net/docs/settitle.c
>
> On 1/23/06, Igor Peshansky <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
> > Ugh, top-posting...  Reformatted.
> >
> > Two more notes: first, the Cygwin lists don't accept HTML email, as you no
> > doubt found out from the rejection notice, and second, please make sure
> > your mailer respects the Reply-To: header -- I set it for a reason.
> >
> > On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Zach Gelnett wrote:
> >
> > > On 1/23/06, Igor Peshansky <pechtcha@XX.XXX.XXX> wrote:
> >
> > Again, <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> > > Those characters work with mrxvt to cause the tab name to have the
> > > appropriate user@host value.
> >
> > Ah.  Ok, that explains it.  Good to know.  Thanks.
> >         Igor
> > --
> >                                 http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
> >       |\      _,,,---,,_            pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu | igor@watson.ibm.com
> > ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_            Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
> >      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'           old name: Igor Pechtchanski
> >     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL     a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!
> >
> > "Las! je suis sot... -Mais non, tu ne l'es pas, puisque tu t'en rends compte."
> > "But no -- you are no fool; you call yourself a fool, there's proof enough in
> > that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"

I do have one final question.

If I set PS1 like this:

 PS1="\[\033]61;\w\007\]\u@\h:\w\\$ "

Everything works great, no issues at all, what is expected is what is displayed.

Now, when i make only a slight modification as such:

PS1="\[\033]61;\u@\H\007\]\u@\h:\w\\$ "

all the sudden i have a duplicate space after my prompt as in:

v468929@TRD-CAX40JXD:~$  ls db2Mgr.

that goes away when i hit the tab complete button to show me my options:

v468929@TRD-CAX40JXD:~$  ls db2Mgr.
db2Mgr.C  db2Mgr.h
v468929@TRD-CAX40JXD:~$ ls db2Mgr.

I'm trying to get this prompt to work:

PS1="\[\033]61;\u@\H\007\]\u@\H \W>"

but the issue there is that the > is duplicated (just like the space
above, but much more noticable).  Any ideas as to why making the title
modification to use \u@\H instead of \w is causing these issues?