Re: Snapshot heads up for 20060301 2310 version

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 10:56:40AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>(*) It would be nice if you could try to shorten an strace in a meaningful
>    way next time.  Hundreds of lines with
>    "--- Process 2480, exception C0000005 at 00000000
>    don't really add any useful information and just fill up people's
>    mailboxes.  Thanks.

Sorry, Corinna, I have to disagree with you here.

The cygcheck output was adequate to debug the problem in this case.
Personally, I would rather that people forego sending unsolicited strace
output entirely rather than either just blithely sending a large
attachment or, IMO, worse, thinking that they understand the output and
snipping the out the "irrelevant" parts.

i.e., if no one has asked you for an strace, then don't send it.

YMMV but I think that policy cuts down on mailing list bandwidth.

cgf