Re: Croatian fonts

Ugh, <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>...  Reformatted.

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, rakbsub wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone know if cygwin accepts unicode fonts on the command line?
> >
> > Cygwin does not do Unicode, but it does allow (or, rather, doesn't
> > disallow) native codepages.  For example, I have no problem using
> > Cyrillic fonts with Cygwin -- you need to use the fonts in the
> > appropriate encoding for your terminal.
> >
> > You might find
> > <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.unicode>
> > useful, too.
> > HTH,
> > 	Igor
>
> Dumb question, but how to I find a croatian locale in cygwin? I have
> done several searches and they lead me nowhere.

You don't find it "in Cygwin".  You find it outside of Cygwin, and then
install the fonts that support the right encoding.

Some Cygwin programs may have localized message files, in which case you
may be able to get Croatian messages from those programs, too.  You'll
need to set LC_ALL to the appropriate locale for this ("hr_HR"? Not sure).
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/