Re: select() too slow

On 2006/03/11, at 18:16, Christopher Faylor wrote:

But we don't know what the actual problem *is*. What does "too slow"
mean? select takes an extra twenty milliseconds under Cygwin? select doesn't
respond within 24 hours?

You are right, I recognize that I haven't gave sufficient details...sorry about that.

What I can say at the moment is that select() on Unix takes for instance 20 ms on cygwin 1040 ms
These are the actual values I'm having.

I'm going to try to give you some peace of code in order to check by yourself ok?

It is different to the point of being nonexistent -- except for sockets.

yeaps that I know! ;)

Anyway...and again, you are right I did not gave any details about the real problem I was facing.

Thanks