Re: fork problem [Attn: cygserver maintainer]

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, J. David Boyd wrote:

> Igor Peshansky <pechtcha@XX.XXX.XXX> writes:

> > Again, <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Let's stop this
> > spamfest.  Thanks.
>
> I don't see that option anywhere in GNUS, but maybe it is.  I can always do
> that manually, though, which works also.  Thanks for the heads up, I never
> thought about it before.

Not all mailers have this option.  That doesn't give us the right of
reposting people's email addresses all over the internet.  You could try
to demand that a broken mailer be fixed, or use a different mailer...
Someone on the cygwin-talk list may be able to supply a GNUS-specific
solution.

> >> Hmm, that is not an available option in my etc/cygserver.conf.
> >>
> >> Strange, no?  I'm running the latest version of everything.
> >
> > Yeah, I got caught off-guard by this at first as well.  Usually, if the
> > config file in /etc doesn't exist, there is a postinstall script that
> > copies the default version in /etc/defaults/etc/ into /etc.  There is also
> > a mechanism for removing the config file on update if it's identical to
> > the default config file.
> >
> > Apparently, cygserver isn't using this mechanism.  I've no idea how
> > /etc/cygserver.conf gets created.  However, copying
> > /etc/defaults/etc/cygserver.conf to /etc/cygserver.conf should get you the
> > latest version.

Heh.  What I should have said (and forgot) is that I don't think changing
this cygserver parameter would help at all.  The problem has nothing to do
with cygserver.

> I manually added the line in, and rebooted, and it works fine now.  But
> I'll try your suggestion later.

I have a hunch that your problem was fixed by a reboot (i.e., stopping all
Cygwin processes), rather than changes to the cygserver configuration.
YMMV, though.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/