Re: gprof reported run times off by factor 1.56 on some machines. Has timer tick rate changed ?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 02:12:32PM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

Guy Larri wrote:

gprof reports run times 1.56 times too fast on some machines under cygwin.
On another cygwin installation it reports the correct run time.

Yikes! Now Cygwin is too fast!! Please someone do *something* to slow it
down! This is just not acceptable!!! ;-)

I am *so* sick of people complaining about how fast cygwin is. Cygwin is
an emulation layer! It emulates linux! Linux is faster than Windows so
of *course* Cygwin will be faster than Windows, too.

Oh, I get it. If my processor is to slow I just have to get a emulation prog. for a faster (maybe multiprocessor) one and run everything on top of it. than maybe everuthing goes so fast that I cannot even see it.

Cheesh.

cgf

-- And God said"Let there be light."But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer.

Alexander J. Herrmann
Analyst/Programmer
http://www.aiengine.org
Email: Ping2Weltall@Gmail.com