Re: Your Upload.com Submission Has Been Accepted

Peter A. Castro wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Dave Korn wrote:
>
>> On 08 April 2006 01:30, Peter A. Castro wrote:
>>
>>> This is quite strange.  It says it was added April 7th, 2006, yet its
>>> got
>>> 10 reviews, all dated quite some time before then (version 1.3.22-1 and
>>> 12-Nov-2003) and also lists 173,253 downloads.  It also says the
>>> publisher is "Cygnus Solutions".  The reviews look legit (well, at least
>>> the talk about things that are true about Cygwin).
>>>
>>> I'm betting this entry was previously cataloged as something else, and
>>> someone very nicely, "corrected" it to match reality (annoying, indeed).
>>
>>  I'm betting they've been distributing cygwin/setup for years and have
>> just
>> updated it and that this update somehow triggered off a form letter to
>> the
>> recorded contact address.
>>
>>> Good luck getting it removed.  It's CNET.COM, after all...
>>
>>  The more important thing is, they've mis-described the license as
>> 'free',
>> when it should be 'gpl'.  That needs fixing.
>
> I believe cgf would prefer that it simply go away rather than just
> correcting the entry.  After some more rooting around on the site, it
> eventually led me to here:
>
> http://www.cnetnetworks.com/editorial/contacts.html
>
> The email address for the "Site Director-CNET Download.com" is
> Kelly.Morrison@cnet.com.
>
> Someone might want to try emailing her.  If not, their HQ is here:
>
> CNET Networks, Inc - Headquarters
> 235 Second Street,
> San Francisco, CA 94105
> Phone: 415-344-2008
>
> This is from http://www.cnetnetworks.com/aboutus/locations.html

It is actually 415-344-2000 (look closer at the page).  Can be verified
by retrieving the whois information for the domain.  I posted this in
another thread already as well.  I also gave their hours since I already
dialed the number.

- --
Robert Pendell
shinji257@uplink.net