Re: awk -v BINMODE=rw '{print}' # future sed revs binary too?

On Apr 11 15:21, Tom Rodman wrote:
> On Tue 4/11/06 11:19 +0200 cygwin@cygwin.com wrote:
> > Use dos2unix/unix2dos in scripts.
>
> So the change to sed is intentional, I assume.  I always thought 'sed' should be
> binary by default, but for years the cygwin version was not.
>
> Will you reassure me that sed will stay this way?  :->

Yes, no worries.  The fact that sed was textmode was a bug in the sed
sources.  Sed ships its own version of getline which special cases
Windows and DOS and, unfortunately, Cygwin, to always read its input in
textmode.  The new sed is only binmode because it's now using the Cygwin
(better: newlib) version of getline, which does not add a textmode hack.

Corinna

Red Hat