cygwin server sends the same key fingerprint all the time

Hi,

 I have cygwin 1.74 server running on Windows 2000. I connect to this server programmatically
(using sshtools java API that supports OpenSSH) to execute secure ftp.
 I created public/private key pair, appended the public key (converted to openSSH) authorized_keys
and authorized_keys1 on server.
 Everything worked fine. I was asked "Do you want to accept this key ?" the first time and the
known_hosts file was written and subsequent connections went without interruptions.
 I am trying to use new keys and paste my public key to known_hosts on the client, so that even on
the first connection, the prompt wouldn't appear.
 At this time, I realised that whatever new key I append to the servers authorized_keys files and
whatever private key file I use on the client, the server (remote) sends in the SAME key
fingerprint every time. I even erased everything from authorized_keys files and tried connection,
I still get a key fingerprint and if I accept it, it is written to client's known_hosts.

 Doesn't this mean that cygwin is not loading my new keys and that the previous key is stored
somewhere else which I do not know ? I restart the server every time I append a key ( cygrunsrv
--start sshd ).

any clue would be a great help,

thanks in advance,
Soumya.